Volunteers have an enormous impact on the health and well-being of communities worldwide, making a difference in day-to-day life in countless ways. As community needs change, grow, and emerge, the time and talents of volunteers are more important than ever to help those most in need in our neighborhoods.
United Way Volunteer Center:
The United Way Volunteer Center approaches our important work by ensuring that volunteers have a great experience as they serve.
Our multi-faceted approach is simple and sensible:
- Connect people to opportunities to serve: We will help individuals find the best fit for their interest and commitment to serve.
- Build the capacity for effective local volunteering: We will help local organizations to strengthen how they manage the volunteers that help them deliver their much-needed services.
- Promote volunteering: We will honor those effectively serving in the community as well as organize regular opportunities for all volunteers to work alongside each other in the spirit of service.
- Participate in strategic initiatives that mobilize volunteers: We will lead or join in sensible and vital efforts that mobilize volunteers to meet local needs.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. By becoming a National Service volunteer you can use the skills and talents you have learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community. Established over 40 years ago, the federally supported program connects individuals who are at 55+ to volunteer opportunities that impact specific needs and goals in their local communities. The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is one of three programs operated by the Corporation for National and Community Service under Senior Corps.
Coordinating a Volunteer Project & Need Tools? Sign Up To Use Our Utility Trailer:
Dates Trailer Is Currently In Use:
- April 20 - 27
- May 6 - 9
- May 20 - 21
- September 01 - September 16