Please Give. Every Dollar Helps!
Whether you give $1/week or $5,000/year, your donation helps right here in our community!
Why donate to United Way of the Lakeshore?
- Your contribution stays in your community - funds raised by United Way are invested in over 76 local programs. It's the single best way to help the most people!
- United Way of the Lakeshore's Community Investment Committees are made up of local donors who volunteer their time to help determine where funds are invested. Community priorities are matched with program funding requests from area agencies.
- United Way of the Lakeshore has 4/4 Star Rating on Charity Navigator, a Gold Seal from Guidestar, and is a Better Business Bureau accrediated charity.
Donate online - securely, easily, quickly.
Print our campaign pledge form (to be used for workplace giving, talk to your HR Dept to see if your company offers payroll deductions for UW donations)
Call: (231) 722-3134
Text: GIVEUWL to #41444
Mail: United Way of the Lakeshore, Attention Finance, PO Box 207, Muskegon MI 49443
Create Your Community Legacy - Impact Your Community with Lasting Gifts
We have 100 years of history. We have a community. Together, we can create a legacy that will provide the resources needed to continue to inspire change and build a thriving community for future generations.
United Way of the Lakeshore's Leadership Circle recognizes individuals whose philanthropic contributions exemplify outstanding commitment to improving the quality of life in our community.
Individuals making a gift of at least $1 a day/$365 a year are recognized in our Everyday Heroes Program. Be a hero everyday!
Questions about United Way?
Click here for answers to some common questions!
IRA Charitable Rollover |70.5 or older | Direct Up To $100,000|
Your Savings, Your Legacy.
- Avoid taxes on transfer of up to $100,000 from your IRA to support United Way.
- Satisfy some or all your required minimum distribution for the year.
- Reuce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize donations.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
- Use your rollover to make payments on an existing pledge to us.
You have saved and saved, now use your saving to create a legacy.
If you are 70.5 or older, you can use your individual retirement account (IRA) to support your neighbors in need. Making an IRA charitable rollover gift to United Way will lower the income and taxes from your IRA required minimum distributions. Want to learn how you can create your legacy by making an IRA charitable rollover gift this year? Please contact Stephanie at (231) 332-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment today.
* This information is not intended as tax or legal advice. Seek advice of your profesional adviser to discuss the application of this topic to your individual situation.