Scroll down to bottom for next meeting information & RSVP form.
No matter where you are, we're here to keep you connected.
Your next chapter means it's time to relax and forget the daily grind of work. But it doesn't have to mean you're not involved in your community.
United After Work is a group for individuals who are retired, soon to retire, or looking to move on to the next chapter of their life. It is for people who recognize the important role volunteerism and philanthropy play in strengthening our community. United After Work allows you to engage with your peers and continue to make a difference with United Way of the Lakeshore.
United After Work:
1. Connects you with like-minded individuals
2. Gives you access to volunteer opportunities
3. Helps you stay active in your community
Find your niche.
We make volunteering easy!
United After Work is about opportunities for you! We provide members many opportunities to volunteer their time and talents. Your newfound flexibility and unique experiences will allow you to serve with family and friends.
Whether you are looking to volunteer at a one-time event or on a regular basis, we have you covered.
Did you know volunteering is actually good for you?
A survey commissioned by United Health Care found a correlation between volunteering & physical health:
- 75% said volunteering made them feel physically healthier.
- 34% said it helped them manage chronic health conditions.
- 79% said it lowered their stress levels.
Giving back is more than just a donation.
As a member of United After Work, you'll:
- Meet and network with local retirees and professionals at monthly meetings.
- Volunteer at individual and group service projects.
- Advocate by using your voice to support important policy and advocacy efforts.
- Learn about how your support makes an impact on children and families in our region.
- Contribute to local programs that support education, financial stability, and healthier lives.
Your Involvement Transforms Lives!
Donating and volunteering through United Way of the Lakeshore makes it easy to support the causes you are passionate about! Thanks to your generosity, we have been able to serve our community’s most pressing needs and help our most vulnerable individuals.
Questions? Contact Lynn Keech at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 332-4016.
To learn more about Retired & Senior Volunteer opportunities, contact Lynn Keech at email@example.com or (231) 332-4016.
July 28 - 10:00 - 11:15 AM - United Way of the Lakeshore - 31 E. Clay Ave, Downtown Muskegon
ALICE Ambassador Training Part 1 - Reviewing the newest ALICE report for Muskegon County & what it means to be an ALICE in our community.