No Matter Where You Are,
We're Here To Keep You Connected.
United After Work:
1. Connects you with like-minded individuals
2. Gives you access to volunteer opportunities
3. Helps you stay active in your community
Find Your Niche
We Make Volunteering Easy!
United After Work is about opportunities for you! We provide members many opportunities to volunteer their times and talents. Your new found flexibility and unique experiences will allow you to serve with family and friends.
Did you know volunteering is actually good for you?
A 2017 survey commissioned by United Health Care found a correlation between volunteering & physical health:
- 75% said volunteering made them feels physically healthier.
- 34% said it helped them manage chronic health conditions.
- 79% said it lowered their stress levels
Giving Back Is More Than Just A Donation.
As An United After Work Member You:
- Meet and network with local retirees and professionals at monthly meetings.
- Volunteer at individual and group service projects.
- Advocate by using your voice to support important policy and advocacy efforts.
- Learn about how your support makes an impact on children and families in our region.
- Contribute to local programs that support education, financial stability, and healthier lives.
Your Involvement Transforms Lives
Donating and volunteering through United Way of the Lakeshore makes it easy to support the causes you are passionate about! Thanks to your generosity, we have been able to serve our community’s most pressing needs and help our most vulnerable individuals.
"I Live United After Work because it gives me an opportunity in various ways to give back to my community in a manner that is consistent with the United Way goals and with my own personal abilities.”
Click here to sign up for United After Work, or to receive more information about connecting with United Way of the Lakeshore after your retirement.