Let’s Work Together for a Safe Community!
Light Up The City is a collaborative effort of government agencies, private entities, and community organizations to engage residents in promoting practices that encourage safe neighborhoods.
Tatics We Promote:
- Reporting Crime Promptly
- Report Nuisances Such as Broken Windows and Illegal Dumping
- Discussing How to Make Your Property Safer
- Interacting with Youth Getting to Know Them
- Encouraging Residents to Get to Know Their Neighbors
- Get To Know Landlords That Own Property In the Neighborhood
- Turn Porch Lights On
- Walk Around Block…Be Seen!
- Drive Safely and Slowly Through Your Neighborhood
- Pick Up Litter
- Be Committed to Your Neighborhood
Light Up The City Activities & Events
Neighborhood Walk, June 19, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Neighborhood Walk, July 10, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Neighborhood Walk, July 24, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
National Night Out & LUTC Wrap– Up - August 7
Walks will involve community partners, citizens, & residents of neighborhoods to bring attention to the LUTC concept & resources to our neighbors.