The challenge will begin on September 8th and run until September 28th. Click here to jump down to our archive of the days!
THE EQUITY CHALLENGE – A SELF-GUIDED LEARNING JOURNEY
Food Solutions New England developed the Equity Challenge, United Way of Washtenaw County successfully implemented the challenge, engaging over 5,000 participants in January this year. Now United Ways statewide plan to implement an Equity Challenge. The Equity Challenge is an interactive digital resource for individuals to take it upon themselves to deepen their understanding of, and willingness to confront racism.
What happens during the Challenge?
For 21 days, participants receive an email “prompt” with a short reading, video or audio file. Participants are encouraged to take about ten to fifteen minutes each day with the material in the prompt, though extra resources are provided in case they want to dig further into the day’s topic.
What types of topics do the daily prompts cover?
- Personal Racial Identity
- Personal Reflection & Implicit Bias
- What is Privilege?
- What is White Fragility?
- Trauma to Healing
- Levels of Racism
- Opportunity in Michigan
- Segregation in Michigan
- Housing Affordability & Homelessness
- Healthcare & Health Outcomes
- Environmental Justice
- The Wealth Gap & Financial Stability
- Early Childhood
- Education & School-aged Children
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Equity & the LGBTQI+ Community
- Building a Race Equity Culture
- Being an Ally
- Tools for the Racial Equity Change Process
- Final Reflections
- Take Action in Your Community