Live United 365 Small Business Circle
It doesn't take much to give back to the community!
You don't have to be a major corporation to make a difference. United Way of the Lakeshore invites your business to participate in promoting lasting, positive change for all in our local community by joining the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle.
As a business owner, you already know the value of a strong community. So much depends on it! It determines the status of our local economy and our livelihoods. It defines our lifestyles, our welfare and ultimately our futures. It affects the ability of your customers to afford your service and products. For a dollar a day, or $365 a year, your business becomes a member of the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle and paving a path for our community to grow stronger and thrive.
What is LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle?
While United Way of the Lakeshore has been bringing business, individuals, and organizations together to advance the common good for the last 101 years, a new initiative is starting to make philanthropy easier and more rewarding for small business in Muskegon, Newaygo, and Oceana Counties. We are inviting small businesses to become SBC members and investors in United Way of the Lakeshore in a variety of ways, detailed below.
Ways to Invest:
Live United 365
LIVE UNITED 365 gives your business the opportunity to participate in the United Way of the Lakeshore campaign, drive traffic to your business and have fun in the process.
Ways to get the 365:
- Write a one-time, annual, tax-deductible $365 pledge for United Way of the Lakeshore.
- Host an in-store open house with proceeds benefitting your LIVE UNITED 365 pledge
- Feature a product or service each month and tell customers that a portion of sales benefits United Way
- Encourage staff to donate for a Jeans Day
- Ask us for more fun ideas!
Click The Give Button To Get Started!
Live United 365 Full Circle
Challenge your staff to pitch in together to raise another $365 to match your contribution. The gift goes full circle for a total company gift of $730.
Sales Promotions & Benefits
Create an in-store benefit event or sales promotion that invites your customers to be a part of LIVE UNITED 365. You can give a percentage of sales, proceeds from a special item purchased or a designated day, and/or set up cash register coin collection displays. United Way of the Lakeshore can work with you to design a benefit promotion.
Return On Investment
Not only can our community benefit from this investment, but your business benefits too. Member benefits for $365 or more include:
- Thank you and highlighting all LIVE UNITED 365 members in the local newspaper
- Member window decal
- Listing as a donor on United Way of the Lakeshore's website
- Listing as a donor in United Way of the Lakeshore's Annual Report
- Social media recognition
- Invitations to United Way of the Lakeshore programs and events
- The opportunity to give back to your community in a way that makes sense for you
We're Here To Help!
For questions, or brainstorming ideas contact:
Muskegon County: Kara Zielinski, Resource Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 332-4003
Newaygo County: Jim Rynberg, Mayor of Fremont & Newaygo County Director, (231) 924-2101 or Lynn Keech, Newaygo County Coordinator, email@example.com (231) 332-4016
Oceana County: Barbara Sauders Sims, Oceana County Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (231) 332-4005