Join Us For A Hygiene Drive In Muskegon, Newaygo, & Oceana!
When: The Entire Month of February!
Join United Way of the Lakeshore across Muskegon, Newaygo, and Oceana Counties for our annual Hygiene Drive. During the entire month of February, United Way will be collecting hygiene products to pack "spa bags" for our local pantries!
Imagine having to choose between deodorant and feminine products or gas to make it back and forth to work for the week. For some of our families, these tough decisions leave them without quality hygiene care which can later impact their health and wellbeing.
Diverse Hair Care Products:
Along with our traditional drive item needs, this year we will be making special requests for products that cater to diverse hair. Women of color spend a lot more on haircare than other women as they often need more products, tools and accessories to take care of their hair. With minimal representation in consumer stores, there is an even bigger gap in our local pantries that rely on donations. According to the 2019 ALICE Report on the Lakeshore (Muskegon, Newaygo, & Oceana Combined) 71% of all Black Households are under the ALICE Threshold, 63% of all Mixed Households are under the ALICE Threshold, and 46% of all Hispanic/LatinX Households are under the ALICE Threshold. For these households, it is important that there is representation and proper supplies in our agencies that support their needs.
The Ask - Get Your Workplace/ Organization/ Church Involved:
We have some of our most generous and active companies helping us with our collections this year. Would your workplace like to be involved? We are looking for businesses, agencies, schools, and churches that will host a box for donations for our hygiene drive! Box hosts will have a box delivered to them by our generous volunteers, promote the drive at their location, and have the box picked up at the end of the drive. You can sign up anytime during the month of February and we will get you a box within the next business day! Sign up today at https://www.cognitoforms.com/UnitedWayOfTheLakeshore/FillTheTruckHygieneDrive
Items To Donate:
Soap, Shampoo, Feminine Products, Lotion, Razors, Shaving Cream, Combs/Brushes, Toothpaste, Tooth Brushes, Toilet Paper, Hand Sanitizer, Lip Balm, First Aid Products, Deodorant
Diverse Hair Care Products To Consider:
Oils (Coconut Oil, Tea Tree, Castor), Curl Hydrating Spray, Curl Detangler, Hair Repair Masque, Curl Defining Gel, Flex Brushes, Edge Control, Headbands, Bonnets, Scarves/Durags, Hair Ties, Bobby Pins, Picks, Hair Moisturizer
Where to Drop Off Donations:
- Lake Forest Apartments - 581 Lake Forest Ln, Muskegon 49441
- Rake Beer Project - 794 Pine St, Muskegon 49442
- The Crue - 934 2nd St, Muskegon 49440
- Nexes - 880 W Broadway Ave, Muskegon 49441
- Dockside Salon - 1991 Lakeshore Dr. Suite B, Muskegon 49441
- Muskegon Family Care - 2201 S Getty St.
- Workbox Staffing Muskegon - 1930 E. Apple Ave, Muskegon 49442
- Blended Furniture Market - 730 Seminole Rd, Norton Shores 49441
- City of Norton Shores City Hall - 4814 Henry St, Norton Shores 49441
- Raymond James - 700 Terrace Point Dr. STE 400, Muskegon, 49440
- Generation Care - 945 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, 49444
- Langlois Home Furnishings - 3000 Henry Street, Norton Shores, 49441
- Community Foundation for Muskegon County
Special thanks to our partners hosting internal drives at AGS Company Automotive, Mona Shores National Honor Society, and Webb Chemical!
- Gerber FCU, 1004 W. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- CBD Store of Michigan, 37 E. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Hidden Treasures, 14 E. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Awards & More, 10 E. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Fremont Area District Library, 104 E. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Hair by Joan & Company, 3 W. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Koffee Kuppe, 46 W. Main Street, Fremont 49412
- Family Health Care, 11 N. Maple Street, Grant 49327
- Fat Boy’s Pizza, 246 S. Division Street, Hesperia 49421
- Ed’s Orchard Market, 75 W. Michigan Avenue, Hesperia 49421
- Gerber FCU, 300 S. Adams Street, Newaygo 49337
- Family Health Care, 1035 E. Wilcox Avenue, White Cloud 49349
- Houseman’s Foods, 47 S. Charles Street, White Cloud 49349
- Wesco, 304 S. Charles Street, White Cloud 49349
- Shelby State Bank, 811 S. State St, Hart
- Shelby State Bank, 242 N. Michigan Ave, Shelby