Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans for Small Businesses
SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance for a small business. To learn more about the process for accessing SBA's COVID-19 disaster relief lending, please go here. For additional information, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY:1-800-877-8339) or e-mail email@example.com
Michigan’s small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 virus can now apply for grants and loans through the Michigan Small Business Relief Program, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation announced today. The program will provide up to $20 million in grants and loans to provide economic assistance to Michigan’s small businesses that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 virus, and in turn help support workers and their families facing economic uncertainty during the outbreak.
Consumers Energy Support For Small Businesses
Consumers Energy is here to help your company during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Small businesses throughout Michigan are suddenly struggling to survive after closing to help us stay safe. Consumers Energy can provide meaningful and immediate help by:
- Working with you on your utility bill.
- Connecting you to potential sources of state and federal relief.
- Providing new business opportunities through the Pure Michigan Business Connect Program.
Call us at 800-805-0490 to get assistance with your energy bill and to learn how to find additional short-term help. Don’t wait to talk with us. Helping you bridge this gap successfully is one of our top priorities because we understand small businesses are the backbone of Michigan’s economy. Here are just a few additional sources of local, state and federal help that may be available to your small businesses during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Community Empowerment Small Grants Program
More Small Business Funds Available!
- With the support of MEDC, NEI, Michigan-based foundations, corporate partners, individual donors, and in collaboration with the SBA, the Michigan Entrepreneur Resilience Fund has secured funds to provide recovery grants and loans to diverse entrepreneurs and small businesses from underrepresented groups in Michigan. The application opens May 13, 2020. Please click the link to go to the website.
- In response to the economic impact of COVID-19, the State of Michigan has allocated $100 million of CARES Act funding to implement the Michigan Small Business Restart Program to support the needs of Michigan Businesses directly impacted by COVID-19. The application for businesses to apply for funding will open on July 15, 2020.
Please click the link to go to the website.
Guidlines for Reopening Businesses:
As businesses are getting ready to open back up, it's important to have a plan in place on how to effectively and safely reopen your business. Use these guidlines to help create your plan.
CDC Reopening Guidance
OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplace for COVID-19
COVID Cleaning Posters from Nichols
MEDC Expands Two Community Developmental Programs, Launches New Website to Support Small Business and Downtown COVID-19 Recovery Efforts - Click to view the link press release