Why become a ‘member’ of RSVP?
Your knowledge, skills, and life experience are of immeasurable value to the organizations and people in our community. As a member of the RSVP program you get to choose how, where, and how often they want to serve; with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. There are even seasonal positions available.
Become a member and join the 200+ volunteers who are collectively making a difference!
- Help your community: Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdom, and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help yourself: Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make a difference: Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
Step 1: Complete and return the membership application.
Step 2: Set up a new member orientation by calling the RSVP Program Office at 231.722.3134 ext. 242.
Step 3: Attend a new member orientation
- Provide copy of ID/driver's license - for proof of program eligibility.
- Provide copy of vehicle insurance - for the supplemental volunteer insurance.
- Select an open volunteer position at an RSVP Work Station site.
Step 4: Start making a difference in our community by sharing your time and talents!
- Document your impact by turning in RSVP member service logs by the 10th of each month.
- Join us for annual recognition events and Senior Corp Week activities!
- Re-enroll annually in April/May to maintain membership.
~ Regular volunteer service: membership requires serving a minimum of once a month, with weekly service encouraged.
~ Annual Retired and Senior Volunteer Program membership commitment.
~ National Service Membership affiliation and benefits (National Service Recognition, CIMA volunteer insurance, annual event)