United Way of the Lakeshore needs you!
United Way of the Lakeshore’s bold goal is to help 10,000 more working families meet their basic needs by 2025. Community Impact volunteers will help decide how the money our community raises during the United Way Campaign is invested in order to meet this goal, through grant investments to local programs and agencies.
Join a volunteer panel in your area of interest and expertise! The Community Investment Process offers comprehensive training to volunteers before they hear presentations about local programs, then make recommendations on grant investments to our Board of Directors. Each panel consists of a blend of returning and new volunteers, chaired by an Impact Team Leader.
- Income Panel: People are financially stable & independent.
- Health Panel: Healthy and safe individuals and families.
- Education: Skilled & educated workforce.
As a Panel Member, you will:
• Attend a training at the end of March (1 ½ hours)
• Read Agency applications (approx. 2 hours)
• Attend a preliminary scoring meeting in May (2 hours)
• Hear agency presentations at the end of May (about 4 hours)